Thursday, November 19, 2009

Slacker

I have been quite the slacker lately when it comes to this, my apologies. I am going to try and write on it almost everyday starting now. I was going to write last night but as I was looking around my place at 11:50 pm and what do I see but a mouse, sneaking across the floor. A mouse!

I am not really afraid of them but it was a bit unnerving because I was completely powerless. No traps or anything, so I watched him sneak across the floor. My first thought was to grab a piece of Tupperware barely large enough to fit a sandwich and trap the little bastard. Who do I think I am. There is no way I was going to be able to catch him with Tupperware. Even if I did, what was I going to do leave him under there until he gnawed a hole in my wood floors. Faced with that or the always pleasant option of simply trying to step on him, I decided to let him be until I could get traps. I must include one small detail, I live in a condo building and I know it is one of my neighbors who must have brought him in because I found out today that they tapped one on the 9Th floor last week. I am not exactly Mr. Spic and Span but I do pick up after myself.

More stories to follow. When I get home I am going to see if the trap my building manager owns is sufficient. If not there is always a size 9.5 New Balance with his name on it. I am sure I will get comments that it is inhumane to step on a mouse. I am saving you the complaint comment not because I agree with you but because what reasonable human being would mess up a perfectly good pair of shoes over a mouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment