Monday, June 15, 2009

Shoe Shopping at Yellowstone

The other day I was at the mall and noticed my NBies were a bit thin in the sole. I have been wearing my current pair since January. They tend to last me a full calendar year but I had worn these ones a bit more. I expected shoe shopping was on the horizon. I am going to spare you the long predictable speech about how I am a man so I never shop. I will leave it at this, I enjoy wearing new clothing but would would prefer to be mauled by a bear than go shopping. It is not so much the mall or the people but me (I will save my shopping trends for another post.)

I was dumbfounded. I went through 3 or 4 shoe stores and could not find any Classic New Balance shoes. 3 to 4 years ago they were very easy to find. They were trendy. It dawned on me that I do not see as many of them in general population these days. Not being trendy is nothing new. Up until age 12 I wore tight sweatpants and stripped tube socks. Combine the sweats and socks with a pair of thick blue plastic glasses and you have the makings of a fashion icon. With my beloved shoes' trendiness factor wearing off, I am going to have to search harder for my new best friends. I should have seen this coming. New Balances go with a lot of things but they just do not look right with the super tight uber ugly hipster garb. I guess I am going to be making more trips to the mall. On second thought, maybe I will just throw on my old sweats, grab a PBR and make some new friends at Jellystone Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment