Friday, July 24, 2009

An Open Letter to the Unemployed



I read a story yesterday about how the discouraged unemployment numbers are up. The discouraged unemployed are those who have stopped looking for work because they believe that there is nothing out there for them. I know a lot of people would say this group is lazy but it tears me up my inside knowing that people have given up. I grew up as someone who was a "have" rather than a "have not" therefore I am not in a position to judge. Still, I have had trying times and all I want to do is give these people a hug and say don't give up, this will all work itself out. If I could talk to these people here is what I would say.

Don't give up. All the news wants to talk about is how crummy the economy is these days, don't listen. Times are tough but so are you. You have made it where you are today because you know how to persevere. The news and media outlets want to count you out. They have already given you a reason to give up, "the economy." Do not let them. There are too many people who count on you and believe in you. I believe in you. The economy sucks but life does not.

Story: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/States-Where-the-Unemployed-usnews-3479448580.html?x=0

No comments:

Post a Comment