Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What is in a Name?

I have had quite a bit of people ask me lately about the name of the blog. There are two things going on here. The first is that it is part of a song lyric from the Hot Hot Heat song "Get in or Get out." This is primarily a music blog, makes sense. The second part of the name is how the song lyric is used. The line from the song is, "the cost of living is a one way fare." Life is a one way fare. You only get one shot at life so make it count.

Society tends to play up the life is short angle a bit too much. I agree life is short but is it not too short to enjoy sitting on your couch in your Snuggie or marveling over the absorption power of a Sham-wow. Point being, some of the best parts of my life are found in the most inane moments. These are the moments where you try and tell someone a long drawn out story but end by saying, "you really had to be there." I will step off my soap box here but my point in all of this is not to get so caught up in all of the "Just Do it" and instead just find a way to enjoy your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment