Friday, September 18, 2009

What is the deal with Fleet Foxes?

Is there anyone else who is just not that into them? I feel as though I am the only person in the world who does not dig Fleet Foxes. It has become so bad that when people ask me if I listen to them I have to preface my answer with, "I don't know what my deal is but..." It is as if I feel guilty not liking them. Their self titled album is on all of my trusted media sources top albums of 2008 lists. No I am not referring to Rolling Stone and Spin. The album appears on nearly every single reviewer for Pitchfork's list. Maybe I am just missing something here. They sound a lot like the Byrds, I get that but what makes their music so special? There is only one other band that has alluded me like these guys do, Arcade Fire. What bands are just not that into?

Pitchfork's top albums of 2008 list

No comments:

Post a Comment