Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Getting Cased

I have a ton of CDs. It is beyond ridiculous the amount I have accumulated over the years. Recently I have been thinking about cleaning house and trying to make some extra cash by selling some of my old ones. One problem, no one will take my CDs unless they have the original case and artwork. This is the most ludicrous thing I have ever heard. CDs are one step away from being obsolete and you mean to tell me that record stores are going to be picky. I mean they were probably only going to give me a hay penny for them and then turn around and sell them for 10 bucks but it is the principle.

Honestly, if you care about album cover art anymore please comment on this. The artists do not even care about the cover art anymore. Who cares about the artistic statement they artist is trying to make. The real deal is inside the case on the CD. Until they start giving awards for cover art and CD packaging, I think it is insane that record stores will turn down perfectly well taken care of CDs because it lacks packaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment