Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Getting Old

You ever feel like you are Danny Glover in every Lethal Weapon movie? I am too old for this. I notice that I hear myself saying this more and more. The sad thing is that I am only 28, soon to be 29. I am going to a show tonight to review the band White Denim at the Larimer Lounge. It should be a real good time but I noticed on the Larimer Lounge website that White Denim does not go on until 11 PM. Back when I was in college and could sleep until noon, 11 was no big deal but when I have to be up for work at 5:30, 11 is a bit daunting. Granted I am still youthful enough that I can run on a good 4-5 hours of sleep from time to time.

This makes me chuckle a bit. Lately I have noticed that things that start super late, I am less apt to do, especially on work nights. Someday I will be able to make this a job and having a real 9-5 will not get in the way of my decision making. In all seriousness though having the headliner not go on until 11 makes little to no sense to me. Especially when you consider the show is 21+. Most 21+ I know work. I realize that they want to keep their bar busy all night but why not put the headliner on at 10 and have them play a two hour set. Instead the band will probably take the stage by 11:15 and will play a 45 minute set. I hope I am wrong in my estimate but this is how I have seen shows go over the years. Either way, I know I will have something exciting to report back in the coming days. Until then Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment