Sunday, February 21, 2010

Working Morals

Sorry for the delay with this post. I had family in this past weekend. Here is what I have been thinking about all weekend. I work for a large corporation. It works for now. It is a job that pays me a living wage. I have a job so I really should not be complaining. PS I hate that expression. Anyways, I can tolerate my job because I can compartmentalize it. When I leave, I completely check out. No more thinking about work until another 15 hours have elapsed.

I hustle and lie for my company. I am told it is okay because there are different rules. This got me thinking. I wonder what I would think of my job if I had kids. How would I feel telling my kids that they should always tell the truth and look out for others knowing that I did not practice what I preached. I wonder if I would truly hate myself. Are there different rules in the workplace? It got me thinking further about how some people in the world live with themselves. I know I know, they have piles of money so what does it matter. Seriously though, how do the heads of some of the evilest corporations get up everyday and go to work. It is just something that is difficult for me to wrap my head around.

No comments:

Post a Comment