Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Meant to Be

My entire life I have been preached to about the importance of finding what it is I am meant to do. Truth be told, I turn 29 in a week and I am undecided. I would rather take take the physical challenge than try to answer this question. There are a lot of things I am passionate about, education, nutrition, gardening, music but passion and meaning are to completely different things. Take for example education. I am passionate about every kid having an equal opportunity for the best educational experience availible but I am not meant to be a teacher. My wife is a teacher. I love her school stories but there is no way that I could deal with kids all day.

Right now, I am on the track of rather than finding what I am meant to do, finding something I am good at that I is satisfying enough. Many have told me it sounds like I am happy settling. This is not true, settling would be working in a job you hate for your entire career and never attempting to make a change. I just stating that it is okay to find something that you somewhat enjoy to do. It does not have to be the perfect gig but if it gets you by then why not. I am confident that one day I will be in my meant to be job. I simply wish teachers would not make it sound like you are falling behind if you do not have everything figured out right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment