Monday, March 1, 2010

Slow Down

I spent sometime away this weekend. To be completely truthful, I was in the Bahamas for a wedding. It was really good to be away. The best part was that since I was out of the country my cell phone did not work. It gave me the opportunity to truly disconnect and slow down and focus a bit on the things that have been running around my head. This was also a fantastic weekend because I learned a lot. For my time away with my wife and her family I am very grateful. It is in those moments when everything slows down that I seem to find myself again. I am not sure if that makes sense but when I have a lot going on, I tend to focus on quantity rather that quality. I spend my time completing many things but not taking the time to complete them well.

Has it ever happened to you when you go and go and go for what it seems like to be a month and then things slow down and you think where the hell have I been the past month? I get that and need to find a better way to balance. I do not have the cash to travel out of the country every time I get overwhelmed. It is weird. I feel like the past couple of years have been like this. A lot has changed and I have had some huge things going on and now I wonder where the hell did the past 2 years go. I realize that my upcoming 29th birthday has me being pensive but I look around at my friends from 4 years ago and it seems like everything has changed. My social circle has shrunk and changed. I know that this is apart of life, it is just strange.

When I look through my address book in my phone or email it is as if I see ghosts. I still have a lot of people's contact information but know nothing anything else about them as we have not spoken in years. It is funny how these things sneak up on you. I wonder what my social circle will look like in another 4 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment