Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Family Time

I have family coming in this weekend. My dad, step mom and little brother will be coming out to visit. It is going to be great to see them. I have not seen them since January. Past visits have always been a little strange for me. Some people have problems with their parents, my issues mainly stem from my little brother.

He is 15. I cannot relate. I used to try so hard. I did everything from trying to get into the same music (total crap) as using the same slang. It is just not natural for a 28 year old to say that had a BA factor of 8 or 6 or whatever arbitrary number you assign to it. For all of those who do not know, BA stands for badass. When I questioned, "why not just say the word badass rather than soften it by saying BA," I got the eye roll. I used to obsess why I could not fit in with him. Then it finally dawned on me, this is because I am 28 and he is 15. I would have bigger issues to deal with if I could fit in with 15 year olds and not 28 year olds. I have come to accept that I will never be cool in the eyes of a 15 year old which means my family's visit should be less stressful. Now that is Badass.

No comments:

Post a Comment