Sunday, August 16, 2009

Old Friends

I am not a materialistic person except when it comes to shoes. Let me clarify, there is not a single pair of shoes in my closet that cost me more that 65 dollars and the average age is 1.5 years old. I just really like shoes. I can dress in absolute tatters from head to ankle but when it comes to footwear, I want style and comfort. My shoe of choice is New Balance. They are the most comfortable shoes. They are also reliable to the point that they are like old friends. Do you have apparel like that? My wife does not always agree with me but they are acceptable in any setting. Wear a black pair to a wedding and you send the always popular message, "I value comfort more than tradition." Honestly, if I was not married I would try it.

I have a routine when it comes to dressing up. I put on what I think is a great outfit and then I ask my wife what she thinks. I try to smirk a little because that way she thinks I am joking. 9 times out of 10 she gives me a confused looked as if all I have on is a necktie. "Are you for real" she questions. I grin as if to say "gotcha" but am a bit disappointed as my outfit did not pass. I count on my wife because if it were completely up to me I would wear my Asthmatic Kitty Records shirt or the one with the eagle on it. I do not even dare put those on and ask. That "joke" as been done too many times. I dress as nice as I can and the slip on my New Balance right before we leave our place. That way she does not realize I have them on until we are already out and it is too late. Maybe next time I ask her opinion I will go with just a tie my New Balance and nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment